What is the secret of true leadership? How does one become a person whom others can trust? Where should we look for models of virtuous and value-based leadership? These and other questions will be discussed among participants of this year’s Central European Summer School, which is jointly organized by the Centre for the Thought of John Paul II, Visegrad Fund (see: www.visegradfund.org) and the Konrad Adenauer Foundation (http://www.kas.de/polen/en/). Complete your application before 10th June 2018 in order to participate in this great event.
This international summer school is open to ambitious young people, interested in personal growth and changing the world for the better. The program ‘Integral Leadership – from Personal Growth to European Renewal’, will deepen their sense of their own history and identity and their understanding of the common roots of East and Central Europe. The school will strenghten their leadership skills. The model and guide on how to live a fully-engaged life will be John Paul II. Participants will take part in workshops for leaders as well as in cultural excursions following in the footsteps of the Polish Pope – to Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, Lanckorona, Wadowice, Tyniec and Kraków. The end goal of the programme is to form a community of future leaders for Europe and beyond, with a growing body of alumni, who continue to remain in contact.
Program INTEGRAL LEADERSHIP – Central European Summer School is conducted in response to crisis of values that Europe struggles with. Young leaders should stand for the future of Europe, powered by responsible leadership and ideals of solidarity. We want to deepen understanding of special cultural and historical heritage of Central-Eastern Europe.
The program is dedicated mainly for participants from Central Europe, nevertheless, we invite students from all over the world. In previous editions we have had participants from such distant countries like Republic of South Africa, Canada and Australia.
– seminars led by dr Martin Luteran, Teresa Mazan, rev. dr Oleh Kindiy and dr Michał Łuczewski,
– workshops: “Crucial Conversations” and “Oxford-style debating”,
– visiting the places related to the life of John Paul II, including Wadowice, Kraków, Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, Lanckorona, and Tyniec.
We invite all young (18 – 35 y/o) people interested in the idea of integral leadership. Good command of English is necessary to participate effectively in the seminars.
23.07.2018 – 01.08.2018
Lanckorona – Kraków, Poland
(1) Complete the application form for our Summer Seminar,
(2) Write an essay (up to 4000 characters long) on a topic chosen between:
– “What is the most important change you want to make in the world and how do you plan to achieve it”?
– “Which leader of your country would you call an “integrated person” and why”?
(3) Send us a recommendation letter from your professor or employee and your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete applications must be submitted by 10 June 2018.
500 PLN (about 120 EUR) – covers tuition fees, materials, room, and full board.
Further details may be found in the brochure below. Please, do not hesitate to contact us in case of any doubts you may have.